NECA inaugurates a Technical Committee on Communications and Public Affairs (CC&PA)
The inauguration of the new committee held on Wednesday, 22nd of May 2019 at NECA House, Kano Hall, graced by the President, Dr. Mohammed Yinusa, in attendance was the Director-General, NECA, Mr. Timothy Olawale; the Chairman Committee of Legal Advisors and Company Secretaries, Mr. Bode Ayeku; Chairman, Committee of Human Resources and Learning Experts, Mr. Chuma Nwankwo and the Head, Corporate Communications, Nestle, Mrs Victorial Uwadoka, who was elected Protem Chair of the new committee.
Over the years the Technical Committee of the Association has grown from just one; the Industrial Relations Committee as it was then called to three other committees, namely:
- The Committee of Human Resources and Learning Experts (CHRLE) formerly called Industrial Relations Committee and Committee of Human Resources Experts
- The Committee of Legal Adviser and Company Secretaries (COLACS)
- The Committee of Finance Expert (COFE)
These committees have played commendable roles in providing critical advice to the Association on knotty business issues.
The new addition, Corporate Communication and Public Affairs was tasked with the responsibility of :
- Guiding the association in the pursuance of its business and enterprise protection objectives.
- Providing advise on mitigation of reputation risks for the Association and member-companies
- Amplifying the role of members among member-companies, prospective members, key public sector stakeholders and the industry at large.
- Acting as advisors and best practice resource for member organisation without prejudice to intellectual rights.
- Joining the Association’s delegation on advocacy visits on issues of interest to the Committee
- Working in conjunction with the other three technical committees to drive its objectives of ensuring that the association’s position is communicated effectively to the right audience while proactively planning and engaging key industry stakeholders on areas of common interest.
The Corporate Communication and Public Affairs Committee will be represented at the Governing Council of NECA by Mrs Udokwa, the Protem-Chair to give reports of its activities and advise council when the need arises.