Courtesy Visit by the Ag. MD, FMBN
MR RICHARD ESIN VISITS THE DIRECTOR GENERAL, MR. O. A. OSHINOWO
The Acting MD/CO of FMBN, Mr. Richard Esin visited NECA House to engage the most representative voice of Business / Employers in Nigeria as critical stakeholder in the Bank’s quest to deliver on its mandate. He was received by Mr. Oshinowo, who reflected on the long history of the cordial relationship between the two bodies.
Mr. Richard Esin shared the four key areas of focus by his team thus:
- How to restore corporate governance in the system
- Profitability – 5 years’ plan in the works
- Operational Effectiveness and
- Debt recovery
Other initiatives of the Bank shared includes its:
- National Housing Finance Programme
- National Housing Model which will come with a lot of standardization. A draft design would be exposed to stakeholders before finalisation
- Engagement with PENCOM on modalities for leveraging Pension Contributions to access housing.
NECA expressed the disappointments of Employers on the Bank’s inability to deliver on its promises and commitments despite the massive support it received from NECA. The D.G. shared some low hanging propositions with the Bank.