NECA/LIRS INTERACTIVE SESSION.
The Interactive Session between NECA and the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) was held on 25th May 2016 at NECA House, Plot A2, Hakeem Balogun Street, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos. The event, which was attended by companies in the Organised Private Sector (OPS), was presided over by Mr. O. A. Oshinowo, Director-General of NECA. The LIRS team was led by Mr. Olufolarin Ogunsanwo, Executive Chairman, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS). Mr. Ogunsanwo made a presentation at the session which addressed:
- The use of Consultants by the LIRS and the scope of their responsibilities.
- The use of Best of Judgment (BOJ) / deemed income in assessing taxes to be paid by High Net-worth Individuals and Expatriates
- Innovations and recent developments in Tax Administration in Lagos State which included:
- Provision of access to Organisations and Individuals / a portal where the registration details of tax payers are made available to enable tax payers verify whether a TIN number is correct or not
- The possibility of tax remittances from our offices through an online platform and the provision of templates on the website of LIRS that would enable tax payers determine taxes payable for each applicable taxes
Below are clips of the event in pictures: