We are the foremost Umbrella Business Membership Organisation in Nigeria. For almost 60 years, we have been the voice of business on varied and diverse issues that aim at improving the environment for enterprises to survive and flourish. Our membership cuts across all sectors of the economy and comprises all sizes of business: from micro to the very large conglomerate.
At NECA, we:
- Promote, safeguard and defend the interest of Businesses through all Legal and Legitimate means
- Effectively represent and assist Enterprises in their relationship with the three tiers of government
- Guide and assist Businesses on Industrial and employee relations’ issues with the Trade Unions.
- Champion socio-economic and commercial issues affecting businesses.
- Provide access to comparative data on Terms & Conditions of Employment.
- Offer essential information and advisory services in the following areas:
- Environmental issues
- Social Security, Occupational health and Safety
- Management of HIV/AIDS
- Trade dispute settlement/representation
- Vocational and Technical Skills Development etc.
- Avail members the opportunity to positively influence policy making, economic agenda by Public Advocacy and Group Representation at Sectoral and National level in the interest of businesses.
- Deliver subsidised quality training and business development programmes in all areas of management
- Promote business linkages and networking among member-companies
- Provide access to Enterprise Development Programmes in the areas of:
- Productivity Improvement
- Start Your Business (SYB)
- Improve Your Business (IYB)
- Look After-Your Firm (LAYF)
- Business – Turn – around Management (BTM)
- Provides Advice and Guidance on the whole gamut of Human Resources Management, Employees and Industrial Relations, Government and Community Relations Issues, etc.
- Assists in the Management of Industrial Disputes, including representation at the Industrial Arbitration Panel (IAP) and the National Court (NIC), etc.
- Assist in the preparation of Employment Contracts, Staff Handbooks, Salary and Wages Administration, Performance Appraisal, Collective Bargaining, etc